Dinnerdigger’s everywhere beware! We guys are on to you and you know who you are! Ladies if you possess any of these qualities there is a real good chance that you in fact are a “dinnerdigger”.
1. You prey on unsuspecting guys that are new to internet dating or you seek out gentlemen that are naive and/or desperate for a woman’s attention.
2. When you go out on a date you will only go on dinner dates and you’ll only go to upscale restaurants.
3. You have absolutely no desire to be in a relationship or intimate with the guy you’re going out on a date with, but he doesn’t and won’t know that until the end of the night when the only thing that touches his lips is the wind from the car door slamming after you hop out when he takes you home for the evening.
4. You’re not necessarily a bad person or doing anything wrong; you just know how to take advantage of certain situations because you know how to, let’s just say, work it.
5. You consider yourself a “modern woman” who explains, “If a man can date multiple women at once why can’t I?” The only problem with that “let’s all be equal” mentality is you have no intention of taking your feminism a step further and actually picking up the tab for the night.
6. You have no concern for costs when you order a meal, and you have a certain entitlement mentality that you use to justify your behavior.
7. You’re plan is to eat, drink and be merry for a few hours then hustle home to the computer to set up your next dinner date.
Now let me summarize. Everyone has heard of a golddigger, and most guys know how to spot them coming a million miles away only because we’ve had many years to study golddiggers and their habits. Golddiggers are for the most part pretty up front about who they are and there is a certain unspoken tradeoff or understanding if you will, with the man/men that they’re chiseling. Generally a golddigger’s M.O. is to land a guy with cash and in return she is willing to look past certain things like love, attraction, chemistry and the list goes on. On the other hand a dinnerdigger is much less obvious than a golddigger and she is very difficult to spot in her natural environment (on a dating website).
Listen up guy’s because this is very important! This is where I share with you my findings from studying the dinnerdigger and her habits over the past few years. I am hoping I will spare you the frustration of having to deal with one of these wallet draining, food gobbling, frigid monsters. It takes a sharp eye and a bit of experience to dealing with a dinnerdigger but I think the following advice may come in handy when you’re browsing dating profiles and you’re trying to figure out who to ask out on a date. Keep this check list handy so you can weed through the women that don’t have your best interest in mind.
Is she willing to meet for coffee or just a drink to find out whether you have chemistry or not? All you have to do is ask and asking doesn’t mean you have to follow through with just a quick meet. Asking doesn’t even exclude you from inviting her to dinner; you just need to know if she is willing to go another route besides dinner. This tactic will scare a dinnerdigger off right out of the gate.
- Are any of these words or phrases in her dating profile? If so, here are the translations…
- She is just “casually dating,” “wants to hang out,” “seeing what’s out there” or she “just got out of a LTR”. Translation: Right now she is dating multiple guys.
- She “enjoys the company of a man who knows how to treat a lady.” Translation: Take me to dinner and spoil me even though you don’t know me. Alert, Alert, dinnerdigger!
- She is “independent, yet old fashion.” Translation: She wants to do what she wants, when she wants but expects you to be a “gentleman” and pay for the date.
- Do her dating profile pictures always show her in a party atmosphere? If they do there is a good chance she is in a stage of her life where she is “finding herself.” Finding herself is fine; just make sure you’re not part of the process.
Obviously there are more signs but that should give you a head start and remember when in doubt throw ‘em out. As always I am here to answer any questions you may have or if you need help identifying a dinnerdigger – I would be happy to look at their online dating profile for you. You can email me at email@example.com. I also have 3 open spots this month for date coaching and help making a dating profile if you need the help.
Last month I wrote about guy’s that uses internet dating sites for #sportdating so I thought it was only fair to write about the latest dating phenomena known as the #dinnerdigger. Like always feel free to comment anonymously on this article or any of my prior musings at www.denverdaters.com or use hashtag #dinnerdigger on Twitter to add your 2 cents on how to spot a #dinnerdigger and don’t forget to include me, @sheikofcc. Remember to keep your money in your pocket until you find a woman worthy of it!